Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Anansi Anew!

I noticed Anansi lying on her back in the back of her cage early this morning! I don't think she has molted in 4 years!

Brachypelma smithiBrachypelma smithi
Mexican Redknee
Anansi - February 2007

Mexican Red Knee TarantulaBrachypelma smithi
Mexican Red Knee
Anansi - March 2011

Mexican Redknee Molting4:52 AM

Mexican Redknee MoltingI continue to be certain that this is an epigastric furrow.
(Anansi is a she.)

Mexican Redknee Molting8:44 AM

Mexican Redknee Molting8:46 AM

Mexican Redknee Molting9:23 AM

Mexican Redknee Molting9:23 AM

Anansi was faster than SFB with her molt, by a couple of hours. They are similar in size.

Look at that beautiful black! I'll have to get some post-molt pics of all three of these babies soon. Lots of our little spiderlings have molted lately, too. I need to post at least an update on them.

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful pics, and just plain cool to look at. I don't know much about these guys, but all things nature-related appeal to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by our web and leaving us a comment! We read & respond to all comments.