Monday, December 18, 2006

Special K

A friend of mine had her boys catch a tarantula in their driveway for me. They brought it over right away (she doesn't like spiders). I named him (a fully mature Oklahoma Brown {Aphonopelma hentzi}) after the container they used. His name was Special K. (They used to use it to hold Special K cereal.) That was a while back (early October or before), but he has now passed. I honestly think he simply died of old age.

Aphonopelma hentziAphonopelma hentzi
photo from a couple of weeks ago

I haven't gotten rid of the carcass yet, in case he is just molting. I learned my lesson with Bunny!



Male tarantulas do not live long after reaching maturity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our web and leaving us a comment! We read & respond to all comments.